Acupuncture Can Relieve Chronic Pain Areas
Acupuncture involves the insertion of extremely thin needles through your skin at strategic points on your body. A key component of traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture is most commonly used to treat pain.
Traditional Chinese medicine explains acupuncture as a technique for balancing the flow of energy or life force — known as qi or chi (CHEE) — believed to flow through pathways (meridians) in your body. By inserting needles into specific points along these meridians, acupuncture practitioners believe that your energy flow will re-balance.
In contrast, many Western practitioners view the acupuncture points as places to stimulate nerves, muscles and connective tissue. Some believe that this stimulation boosts your body’s natural painkillers and increases blood flow.
As a natural form of healing, acupuncture has the following benefits:
- Provides drug-free pain relief
- Effectively treats a wide range of acute and chronic ailments
- Treats the underlying cause of disease and illness as well as the symptoms
- Provides an holistic approach to the treatment of disease and illness, linking body, mind and emotions
- Assists in the prevention against disease and illness as well as the maintenance of general well-being
Ready To Get Started?
Functional Medicine is an alternative to drug based care that really works . That’s because we focus on locating the root cause of health issues instead of treating pain centers with drugs. By doing this we may be able to eliminate the problem for good instead of just alleviating pain.
If you are tired of drug based solutions, or if you want a permanent solution to your health issues, then make an appointment with us today!
Schedule An Appointment
Fill out the from below and we will contact you soon.