Thyroid Care And Relief
It is estimated that 20 Million Americans have a thyroid disorder. Most of those are women over the age of 40, when their metabolism starts to slow down. Common symptoms include:
- • Fatigue
- • Weight Gain
- • Hair loss
- • Temperature Fluctuations
- • Brain fog
- • Digestion Problems
- • Depression
- • Anxiety
- • Dry skin
- • Low Sex Drive
- • Joint pain
- • Morning headaches.
Here Is Some Important Information About your Thyroid
- Over half of American women may develop hypothyroidism at some point in their life (source: The American Endocrine Society).
- A majority of those diagnosed for Thyroid may actually have Hashimoto’s Disease – which requires different care.
- Most primary care doctors are NOT specialists in thyroid disorders, which is why they often prescribe drugs or misdiagnose symptoms.
- Most remedies for thyroid disorders do not address the root cause or factor in the biggest cause: the GUT.
Why A Specialist Matters
The truth is, thyroid symptoms are easy to misdiagnose, especially if done by a physician who does not specialize in endocrinology.
Without a specialist, odds are good that you’ll be given an incorrect diagnosis and the wrong medications, further prolonging the condition. And is 7 minutes (the average doctor’s visit) with a general physician really enough to make a proper diagnosis?
And what if it’s Hashimoto’s instead of a normal Thyroid Condition? Hashimoto’s is an autoimmune disorder and requires a completely different plan for eliminating symptoms and managing the condition.
When was the last time any doctor asked you about your diet or nutrition?
It takes years of study, certification and practice to master functional medicine, which is the type of care we offer at our clinic.
Without a solid understanding of biochemistry and how nutrition impacts our bodies, you are not likely to permanent relief for your condition. And drug companies aren’t interested in cures, only offering relief for symptoms that will always return and require more pills. In short, there is a very good reason to see a specialist.
How We Are Different (And Better!)
Our comprehensive program evaluates and modifies the following:
- Nutritional Status – What vitamins and minerals are you getting, and are they being absorbed effectively?
- Hormonal Status – How are certain hormones like insulin, estrogen and testosterone affecting the thyroid?
- Nervous System – How is the brain impacting the thyroid, and vice-versa?
- Intestinal Status – Do you have a leaky gut and is it affecting the thyroid? How are the 3 pounds of gut bacteria in your body affecting your immune system?
- Immune Status – Is your body able to eliminate toxins that impact the thyroid? Are you generating enough anti-oxidants?
- Inflammation Status – Is your body chemistry contributing to inflammation that causes pain and fatigue?
- Food Sensitivities – Which foods are hurting your body and impacting the immune system?
Why Functional Medicine Is A Better Solution
Functional medicine is all about “thinking & linking” your systems together instead of “blaming & taming”. Whether it’s diet, lifestyle modifications, supplements or other modalities, you need a plan that is designed for your specific needs, not a one size fits all drug or dietary plan.
The Reason You’re Probably Still Reading This Is…..
Maybe you’ve already been diagnosed, and the drugs are not working like they should. Maybe the thyroid replacement therapy is not getting the results you expected. Or maybe you have identified several symptoms and are concerned that you may have a thyroid disorder. Whatever the reason, it is important to get a proper evaluation from a doctor who understands the endocrine system and how to identify and address a thyroid disorder. And more importantly, you need a doctor who will not just prescribe drugs, but one who will address the root cause of your symptoms and create a customized plan for your body. That is what you deserve.
Ready To Get Started?
Functional Medicine is an alternative to drug based care that really works . That’s because we focus on locating the root cause of health issues instead of treating pain centers with drugs. By doing this we may be able to eliminate the problem for good instead of just alleviating pain.
If you are tired of drug based solutions, or if you want a permanent solution to your health issues, then make an appointment with us today!
Schedule An Appointment
Fill out the from below and we will contact you soon.