How The Rebuilder Can Treat Chronic Peripheral Neuropathy Pain
People just like you, all over the globe, have discovered that their nerves can be rebuilt and full function restored. It does not matter what the cause of your painful peripheral neuropathy is: idiopathic, diabetic, alcoholic, toxic, or chemotherapy induced.
At some time, perhaps portions of your nerves were starved for oxygen, or they were squeezed by a nearby muscle or vertebrae in your spine.
- Perhaps there was too much sugar in your blood taking up the space for oxygen. Maybe you were exposed to a toxin like black mold, anesthesia drugs, or pesticides from a nearby farm.
- Your nerves may have responded by contracting (like a caterpillar rolling into a ball when you touch it). They reduced their length and volume to protect themselves, and the gaps between the nerves (synapse) got bigger. A normal sized nerve signal could no longer jump this gap. Like the gap on the spark plug in your car or lawn mower, if that gap gets too large, the spark cannot jump across.
- The myelin sheath that covers portions of your nerves like the plastic insulation on a wire could have been etched away by prescription drugs like statins to reduce cholesterol.
- Prescription drugs could have inhibited the tiny voltage regulated channels in your nerve cells that allow sodium and calcium to pass thru appropriately.
Whatever the cause your nerve impulses, both those sensory nerves going up to the brain and those motor nerves coming down from the brain are inhibited and cannot perform their functions. Your brain began to ignore the confusing incoming signals resulting in the sensation of numbness and tingling. With enough time, these inhibited signals finally let loose all at once causing shooting pains, burning sensations, and the feeling of pins and needles. Finally, you began to lose touch with where your feet were, in time and space, and began to stumble and fall. This process is progressive, and can eventually result in reduced mobility, injury, even amputation.
A specialized medical device called the ReBuilder, has the ability to immediately stop the pain, reduce the numbness and tingling, and restore your nerve health resulting in less pain, full feeling in your feet and hands, and greater mobility.
Built-in microprocessors measures several physiological functions of your nerves and automatically adjusts itself to your specific therapeutic needs, beginning with the first healing signal.
When the ReBuilder is first turned on, it measures the electrical analog resistance and digital impedance and sets its output parameters for your particular physical mass. It knows if it is treating a 125 lb woman or a 350 lb man. If you use it directly on your lower back, it knows that too.
The ReBuilder then sends out a “test” signal that represents healthy waveform for peripheral nerves. This signal goes from one foot, up the leg, to the nerve roots in your lower back, down the other leg, to the other foot. It then waits for an echo-like response from this initial signal.
It then records this waveform, digitizes it, and then analyzes this ‘return” signal to determine any aberrations.
Then the ReBuilder creates a compensating waveform to correct the problem and sends that. This is done in real time, 7.83 times per second. This can calm overactive nerves and activate numb nerves. This signal is an AC signal, not a DC signal, and it represents a healthy nerve waveform.
Just as a cardiologist can take one look at the shape of the signal displayed on an EKG monitor, and diagnose what is wrong with the heart, we have been able to identify that the peripheral nerves have a very particular shape to its waveform. Therefore we can diagnose the nature of the problem by analyzing that waveform. This feature is built into the stimulator and processed by its internal microprocessor.
Abnormalities in the shape of the waveform on the way up indicates issues with numbness; the shape of the top of the waveform indicates the ability of the nerve to deliver the signal long enough for the brain to receive it all; abnormalities in the downward slope of the waveform indicates pain, and the shape of the refractory period as the nerve cell repolarizes itself indicates the ability of the nerve pathway to prepare for the next signal.
The device then creates and sends a compensating waveform, to ‘smooth out’ these irregularities, very similar to the way noise canceling headphones work.
This process goes on 7.83 times every second, sending a signal, analyzing the returning signal, creating a compensating signal, and sending this new signal. It is constantly analyzing your response, and adjusting itself, to gently coax your nerve’s ability to send and receive proper signals.
These impulses are sent 7.83 times per second because that is how long it takes for the nerve cell to re-polarize (or reset) itself between its transmission of nerve signals. Minerals like calcium, sodium, and potassium must pass back and forth through the cell wall of the nerves. Although very similar to a ‘common’ TENS device, the ReBuilder’s signals are vastly more controlled and precise. Commons TENS devices use an unnatural, uncontrolled, simple signal at a much higher frequency, specifically designed to stop the cells ability to repolarize. This is why a common TENS merely blocks the nerve signals. The ReBuilder device is a very specialized form of TENS, which rehabilitates the neuropathy patient.
The signals, (as they cross the synaptic junctions in the nerve roots of the lower back to get from one leg to the other), create a small electromagnetic field that is sensed by the nerves in your central nervous system (spine) and a signal is uploaded to the brain to let it know what is happening in the lumbar area. The brain then releases endorphins, internal pain relievers that travel via the blood stream to all parts of the body. These endorphins temporarily relieve pain in other parts of the body and help elevate your mood. These endorphin modulated benefits are palliative, and last for about 4 hours, offering additional welcome relief from your peripheral neuropathy pain.
This electrophysical treatment, (combined with ReStore the B vitamin enriched capsule that enhances blood flow), increases mood, restores a feeling of well-being, increases energy, enhances focus and short term memory (all within 15 minutes and lasting for 4-5 hours) can truly change your life.
Ask yourself: “Am I getting better on my current therapy? Am I taking more and more drugs?”
Ask yourself: “If I don’t resolve this right now, where will I be in 5 years?”
Causes of Neuropathy
- Lack of oxygen to the nerves
- Sleep apnea – Intermittent lapses in breathing resulting in a limitation in oxygen getting to the nerves
- Snoring – Same as sleep apnea
- GERD (Acid Reflux) – Same as sleep apnea, but caused by acid burning the trachea and it closes off, limiting oxygenation of blood
- Peripheral vascular disease limiting blood flow to the extremities
- Heart disease limiting blood pressure to the extremities
- Too much blood pressure meds limiting the perfusion of the extremities. (should monitor pressure at the ankle also)
- Muscle impingement –piriformis muscle squeezing on the sciatic nerve, low back muscles impinging, edema in ankle
- Excessive meds for stress such as Valium, Xanax resulting in low muscle tension, resulting in poor venous return from reduced venous muscle pump
- Excessive muscle relaxants for low back pain, sprains, etc. (same as H above)
- Chemical etching away of the myelin sheath surrounding the nerves, resulting in shorting out the electrical potentials on the nerve cell
- Agent orange from the Vietnam War
- Petroleum fumes from burning oil wells in Iraq
- Statins eating away the fatty myelin sheath after it finishes etching away the cholesterol lining the blood vessels
- Artificial sweeteners such as Aspartame, a very potent nerve toxin
- Toxoplasmosis from kitty litter cleaning
- Black mold from living in a house with water damage
- Environmental chemicals – pesticides sprayed in house for bugs, chemicals in hand sanitizer
- Fluoride in water and toothpaste is a very potent neurotoxin (read warning label for Colgate toothpaste)
- Psychological Issues
- Raynaud’s syndrome in hands, (undiagnosed in feet)
- Constant stress resulting in unrelenting vasoconstriction thus limiting perfusion in extremities
- Miscellaneous side effects of other diseases, (some undiagnosed)
- Lyme’s disease
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Lou Gehrig’s disease (AMLS)
- Vitamin B12 deficiencies
- Low blood pressure (even excessive blood pressure meds
- Surgical adhesions
- Lifestyle Issues
- Smoking – reduces oxygen
- Recreational drugs confuse the nervous system (Pot, Ecstasy, Alcohol)
- Allergies (hives from food allergies caused by nerve mediated reactions in skin can affect deeper nerves)
- Obesity with edema squeezing on veins, arteries, and nerve cells
- Anorexia resulting in poor nutrition. Nerve cells need more oxygen and minerals and fats (for energy conversion) than other cell
Neuropathy Mystery Solved
For years it has been a mystery how to manage neuropathy and its associated pain and painful symptoms. However, people just like you, all over the globe, have discovered that they can have their life back and do the things they used to do, because their nerves can be rebuilt!
Regardless of your type of neuropathy: idiopathic, diabetic, chemotherapy induced, or trauma to the lower back, the ReBuilder can help. Perhaps portions of your nerves were temporarily starved for oxygen. Maybe there was too much sugar in your blood before you got your diabetes in control. Maybe you had some pinching of your nerves somewhere, maybe you were exposed to a strong neurotoxin like black mold, pesticides or Agent Orange. Even statin drugs to reduce cholesterol, and drugs to lower your blood pressure can cause neuropathy.
Whatever the cause, one mechanical result was that your nerves may have adapted by contracting; they reduced their length and volume to conserve and survive, and the gaps between the nerves were expanded. Normal nerve signals could no longer jump this now enlarged gap. The nerve impulses going to and from your brain, muscles and blood vessels were obstructed. Your brain began to ignore the impaired signals, resulting in the sensations of pain, numbness, tingling, or burning.
Over time, the impaired signals create confusion for the brain, resulting in painful or conflicting sensations like feeling cold when warm, feeling like walking on broken glass when not, feeling tingling for no reason, or feeling nothing, i.e. numbness.
Another reason for the dysfunction of your nerves derives from the etching away of the myelin sheath that surrounds certain types of nerves. Statins can do this when over used. Once these drugs clear out the cholesterol from your arteries and veins, they go looking for other areas of cholesterol concentration. The myelin sheath is composed of high levels of cholesterol. Thus your statin drugs can begin to etch away at this outside portion of your nerves and a short circuit ensues.
Sometimes the nerves are pinched by bones in your spine from spinal stenosis or from weak back muscles not holding your back straight, or by muscles in your buttocks or thighs getting tight and putting pressure on your sciatic nerve (piriformis entrapment syndrome). This compression disrupts the nerve signals, and/or causes ischemia (loss of blood flow). This ischemia inhibits the removal of toxins created by normal nerve function, and can reduce the amount of oxygen getting to your nerve cells. This muscle pressure can also “bend” the dendrites and axons of your nerves causing the myelin nodes to touch each other, bypassing the nodes of Ranvier. The myelin sheath nodes carry a positive potential and the nodes of Ranvier carry a negative electrical potential. The nerve signal travels down the nerve cell like a line of cascading dominoes. When these nodes touch positive to positive rather than positive to negative, the nerve impulse stops and your brain never gets the proper message. The ReBuilder sends a much larger signal down that nerve cell and resets all the nodes back to normal.
Neuropathy is a problem with your nerves. Your nerves use tiny electrical impulses to communicate with your brain. Therefore, neuropathy is an electrical problem, and it needs an electrical fix. The ReBuilder is an electrical fix.
Nutritional support, physical therapy, etc can certainly slowly support your return to full function and mobility, but they cannot fix the electrical problem alone.
The ReBuilder eliminates these symptoms immediately, and the ReBuilder then gently coaxes your nerves back to health.
Simply put on the conductive garments, sit in your easy chair, relax, and let your ReBuilder gently coax your nerves back to normal during your 30 minute treatment in your doctor’s office, or in the privacy of your own home. It feels good, like a tingly massage!
Ready To Get Started?
Functional Medicine is an alternative to drug based care that really works . That’s because we focus on locating the root cause of health issues instead of treating pain centers with drugs. By doing this we may be able to eliminate the problem for good instead of just alleviating pain.
If you are tired of drug based solutions, or if you want a permanent solution to your health issues, then make an appointment with us today!
Schedule An Appointment
Fill out the from below and we will contact you soon.